Log in to the OU Libraries' website with your OU Net ID (4+4) and password. This will give you access to all the resources available online.
Manage Your Library Account
My Books—Lists borrowed books and their due dates and allows you to renew items.
My ILL—Lists outstanding interlibrary loan requests and borrowed books. Allows you to request book renewals and download electronically received articles.
My Library—Features your selected resources on the main page. Personalize this section to create quick links to frequently used research tools or library services.
This guide will help you find sources in education. Use the tabs above to view recommended resources and research strategies.
- Catalog: The catalog searches the holdings of the OU Libraries. Results will include books, e-books, microforms, government documents, AV materials, and periodicals held by Bizzell Memorial Library, the branch libraries, the special collections, and the law library. Essentially, the catalog is used to find any resources owned by the OU Libraries except articles from periodicals.
- Databases: The databases specialize in particular subject areas (education, business, engineering, etc.) and in types of content (scholarly journal articles, newspaper articles, dissertations, videos, etc.).
- Reference Books: A partial list of specialized reference sources for education, including dictionaries, encyclopedias, handbooks, directories, and citation guides. Some are available online. For additional sources, search the catalog.
- Government Documents: State, federal, and international government publications and websites in education and related fields.
- Search Tips: Additional hints for more effective use of the databases and catalog.