- Linked Environments for Atmospheric Discovery (LEAD II)LEAD II carries the vision of LEAD forward into new areas as it explores research challenges in hybrid computing and in the manipulation and use of weather data in non-weather applications.
- NASA Earth Science DataEarth Observing System Data and Information System
Check meteorology or atmospheric sciences departments' archives and if they are a Unidata site, you can get current weather data.
OU National Weather Center Library
This library serves the National Weather Center located in the University Research Campus across from the Lloyd Noble Center. Their mission is to facilitate the research needs of all researchers for the National Weather Center, regardless of OU affiliation. They can also provide access to NOAA resources not available to the public.
National Weather Center Library | email: firstname.lastname@example.org | (405) 325-1171
OU, State, and National Resources
- United States Indigenous Data Sovereignty Network"The United States Indigenous Data Sovereignty Network (USIDSN) helps ensure that data for and about Indigenous nations and peoples in the US (American Indians, Alaska Natives, and Native Hawaiians) are utilized to advance Indigenous aspirations for collective and individual wellbeing. USIDSN’s primary function is to provide research information and policy advocacy to safeguard the rights and promote the interests of Indigenous nations and peoples in relation to data."
- CIMMSCooperative Institute for Mesoscale Meteorological Studies OU / NOAA
- Midwestern Regional Climate CenterWeather data from 450 US stations operating during the period, 1820-1892 were keyed and more than 350 of these stations were quality controlled under NOAA Climate Data Base Modernization (CDMP) funding. This web site provides information about these 19th Century Forts and Voluntary Observers Database, referred to as FORTS data.
- NCAR (National Center for Atmospheric Research)Federally funded research and development center devoted to service, research and education in the atmospheric and related sciences.
Government Organizations and Resources
Environmental and Sustainability Datasets
- Chemical Effects in Biological Systems (CEBS)NIEHS supported public data sets.
- Chemical Entities of Biological Interest (ChEBI)Chemical Entities of Biological Interest (ChEBI) is a freely available dictionary of molecular entities focused on ‘small’ chemical compounds. (European Bioinformatics Institute)
- Comparative Toxigenomics Database (CTD)CTD illuminates how environmental chemicals affect human health.
- DataONE (Data Observation Network for Earth)Data Observation Network for Earth (DataONE) is the foundation of new innovative environmental science through a distributed framework and sustainable cyberinfrastructure that meets the needs of science and society for open, persistent, robust, and secure access to well-described and easily discovered Earth observational data.
- Environmental Genome ProjectThe NIEHS Environmental Genome Project is a multi-disciplinary, collaborative effort focused on examining the relationships between environmental exposures, inter-individual sequence variation in human genes and disease risk in U.S. populations.
- IASSIST Data SourcesInternational Association for Social Science Information Services & Technology data sources.
- National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences DatabasesLinks to 12 science related data sets supported by NIEHS.
- OpenDOARDirectory of Open Access Repositories.
Find the Forecast
- National Weather Service - NOAAweather.gov
- OK MesonetOklahoma Climatological Society
- Local WeatherOU Emergency Preparedness