You must be a current OU Faculty, staff, or student to access this database
• Pinpoint expert testimony on the leading issues of the day;
• Tap authoritative sources of statistics, projections, and analyses;
• Discover a law’s intent by tracing its legislative history;
• Gauge congressional attitudes toward current topics;
• Find out how members of Congress voted on legislation;
• Investigate the finances of members of Congress;
• Monitor legislation and public policy on almost any topic;
• Review the federal regulations that implement legislation;
• Learn the makeup and mission of congressional committees.
ProQuest Congressional offers full text access to the working papers and legislation of Congress. It also offers a wide variety of information about Congress, including member biographical and committee assignment information, voting records, financial data, and the full text of the Congressional Record, Bound and Daily editions.
Unlike other databases that cover just a few years of information, the Congressional service offers coverage of many historical resources back to 1789, and more than 25 years of current congressional information.
Holdings (most full-text)
•Serial Set (House & Senate Documents and Reports), 1789-present
•Congressional digests, 1789-present
•Bills & Laws, 1789-present
•Legislative Histories, 1969-present
•Congressional Research Service Reports, 1916-present
•Federal Register & Code of Federal Regulations
•Congressional Member records & demographics
• Political News