1. Turn on the digitizer: the Power button is located on the right hand side of the monitor.
2. Insert the desired microform (microfiche or microfilm) into the carrier tray.
For microfilm, see diagram on left machine reel; sometimes it is difficult to load reel, so be patient.
3. Use buttons and dials to make image bigger or smaller and focus.
*You can adjust the size and focus of your image by turning the flat, ridged knobs (located directly above the digitizer lens) to the left or right, depending on whether you want to increase or decrease the size of the image. This same movement is used for focusing the image as well.
- The smaller-diametered blue knob adjusts the size of the image.
- The larger-diametered grey knob adjusts the focus of the image.
*To rotate the image, use the grey rotation knob located directly below the teal-colored Start button located on the menu bar on the right side of the digitizer screen.
*To go through microfilm, use the arrows on film tray. The red arrows, to speed through film, only works with tray all the way out.
4. Use the menu bar located immediatetly to the right of the digitizer screen to make any fine adjustments to the quality of your image. Some options include adjusting the contrast of how light or dark your image is or whether the image is recognized as a positive or negative image.
*Use the Print Mode resolution option on the menu to distinguish whether your image is a text, a photo, or something of fine detail. Choosing the best option can impact the quality of your image.
*Use the Film Type Job Recall option to change your image from a positive to a negative. In other words, to reverse the color scheme of your image, changing what is black to white and white to black, select from the three options: auto, nega (negative), or posi (positive).
*It is important to choose from the Print Mode and Film Type options otherwise the digitizer will choose a default mode.
5. Please do not push buttons randomly, other than what is noted on these instructions.
6. If there is a problem and you want to restart, simply turn machine on and off, to reset it.
Scanning or Printing
*If you choose: Scan is Complete, go to step 7.
*If you choose: Scan More Pages (sheet 2) move the MR reader pane to the next page you want copied and choose OK, and it will copy it into your current file. You can continue like this until you have what you want.
-To the Desktop, to later e-mail to yourself
-To a flash drive, to take with you (you must provide your own flash drive)
-Just print up your saved file
For problems call the Library Experience Team: 405-325-4018.