Acts of Parliament (Laws)
An Act of Parliament is a law. See this link from Parliament for more information.
- Ancient Laws and Institutes of England: Comprising Laws Enacted Under the Anglo-Saxon Kings... NOTE: Contains Latin and Anglo Saxon texts translated into English; texts in Latin, notes in English and some Anglo-Saxon texts in the runic alphabet.
- 1235-1713. Statutes of the Realm.
- 1215-1785. Statutes at Large.
- 1642-1660. Acts and Ordinances of the Interregnum.
- 1807-1869. Statutes of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.
- 1866-2006. Public General Acts and General Synod Measures.
- 1988-present. Official site.
See this PDF file from Duke University for a very detailed guide to English legal history.
Earliest cases are in English Lawsuits from William I to Richard I at the Law Library, KD 353 .S45 v. 106 and 107 and Earliest English Law Reports also at the Law Library, KD 353 .S45 v. 111, v. 112, v. 122, v.123. There are also a few early cases in English Reports, described below.
1996-present, with some earlier cases being added. British and Irish Legal Information Institute.
For descriptions of what occurred in English criminal courts, 1674-1913, search The Proceedings of the Old Bailey, 1674-1913.