Letters & Correspondence
Published editions of letters and correspondence are a useful resource for the writings of scientists and their contemporaries.
Select recent editions are shown here, but keep in mind that the History of Science Collections has many first and/or early printed editions of correspondence.
- Beyond Innocence byPublication Date: 2001
- The Collected Letters of Colin MacLaurinPublication Date: 1982
- The Correspondence of Charles Darwin byPublication Date: 1985-Volumes 1-18
- The Correspondence of Dr. William Hunter, 1740-1783Publication Date: 2008
- Correspondence of John Wallis, 1616-1703 byPublication Date: 2003
- The Indian and Pacific Correspondence of Sir Joseph Banks byPublication Date: 2008-Volumes 1-4
- George Washington Carver In His Own Words byPublication Date: 1987
Diaries & Journals
Listed here are select modern editions of diaries or journals, another type of primary source useful for research.
- The Diario of Christopher Columbus's First Voyage to America, 1492-1493 byPublication Date: 1991
- The Private Journal of William Reynolds: United States Exploring Expedition, 1838-1842 byPublication Date: 2004