- Citing Music SourcesA guide prepared by Indiana University, based on Turabian and the Chicago Manual of Style. Includes examples from Groves and collected works (M2 and M3).
- Fair Use in the Visual ArtsThe College Art Association's Code of Best Practices in Fair Use for the Visual Arts.
How to do a Literature Review
- How to do a Literature ReviewThis guide will help you do a literature review as either a stand-alone project or as part of a dissertation, thesis, or other research project.
Zotero and EndNote
Zotero and EndNote are bibliographic management tools that you can use to organize and cite your sources.
Printer-friendly guides are below.
- Best Practices in the Fair Use of Copyrighted Materials in Music ScholarshipGuidelines from the American Musicological Society
- Frequently Asked QuestionsAn overview of copyright laws as they apply to music. Published by the Music Library Associaiton
- Public Domain and Creative Commons WorksA discussion of the basics of locating public domain and creative commons works for research and creative activity.
Finding Dissertation Proposals
To help students locate proposals approved of the members of their committee, the names of committee members are included in the notes field of the catalog record. From the Library catalog's search page, select "Fine Arts Library" and search the faculty member’s name and the word “proposal” you’ll get a list of all the proposals they’ve participated in. For example, searching “Wagner proposal” generates the following list of projects Dr. Wagner has approved of.
500 W. Boyd St.
What is Lean Library?
A browser extension for access and assistance. You will spend less time figuring out if you have access to information and more time researching!
How Lean Library Works?
When you access an article on a journal’s website or through a Google Search, the Lean Library extension recognizes OU Libraries’ e-resources then provides you with a GET ACCESS button that will authenticate your OU credentials for full text access.
How to get Lean Library?
Open the download link and add the extension to your browser. Select University of Oklahoma from the dropdown menu and click on Save.
This handout repeats the information about what Lean Library is, how it works, and how to get it. You can use this handout to share about Lean Library with your friends and colleagues!
This video will help you add the Lean Library browser extension to Firefox.
Institutional Review Board
- OU Norman Campus Institutional Review Board (IRB)The Institutional Review Board(IRB) for is responsible for reviewing research submissions that involve human subjects and assess that it adequately meets the criteria for approval set forth by the federal regulations, state law, and OU policies and procedures.
What is PowerNotes?
PowerNotes is a browser extension that allows you to annotate and highlight PDFs and webpages that are relevant to your research. With PowerNotes, you’ll be able to gather, organize, and keep track of your research all in one place!
How Does PowerNotes Work?
As you are researching online, when you have PowerNotes enabled, you are able to highlight pertinent quotes, save resources as links you can return to later, have a template outline to organize the data you are saving, as well as manage your progress as you do your research.
How to Add PowerNotes to Your Internet Browser?
The installation process is simple, go to PowerNotes.com and download the extension to your browser. You can also follow these instructions about creating an account.
Using PowerNotes with OU Libraries Resources HandoutThis handout goes over the steps of using the PowerNotes browser extension.
PowerNotes Information HandoutThis handout repeats the information about what PowerNotes is, how it works, and how to get it. You can use this handout to share about PowerNotes with your friends and colleagues!