What is Lean Library?
A browser extension for access and assistance. You will spend less time figuring out if you have access to information and more time researching!
How Lean Library Works?
When you access an article on a journal’s website or through a Google Search, the Lean Library extension recognizes OU Libraries’ e-resources then provides you with a GET ACCESS button that will authenticate your OU credentials for full text access.
How to get Lean Library?
Open the download link and add the extension to your browser. Select University of Oklahoma from the dropdown menu and click on Save.
What is PowerNotes?
PowerNotes is a browser extension that allows you to annotate and highlight PDFs and webpages that are relevant to your research. With PowerNotes, you’ll be able to gather, organize, and keep track of your research all in one place!
How Does PowerNotes Work?
As you are researching online, when you have PowerNotes enabled, you are able to highlight pertinent quotes, save resources as links you can return to later, have a template outline to organize the data you are saving, as well as manage your progress as you do your research.
How to Add PowerNotes to Your Internet Browser?
Research Help @ OU Libraries
The Research Help Desk is where you can get research assistance from University Libraries' Peer Research Mentors and Graduate Research Assistants. The Research Help Desk is located in Bizzell Memorial Library on the main floor in the Loveridge Computer Lab. At the Research Help Desk, OU Libraries' student employees will assist you with your research questions, while also helping you become more comfortable and confident navigating the OU Libraries' website and databases.
My Library Feature
How to Personalize Your My Library Page:
- Go to libraries.ou.edu and login with your OU 4x4 and password.
- Click on the “My Library” link.
- To add databases & e-references on your My Library Page,
- you can click on the databases & e-reference link to browse through the list of resources provided by the libraries
- or you can search by title or keyword
- or you can filter results by subject or resource type.
- Once you find the database or e-reference resource you want to save to your My Library page, and click on the “Add to My Library” link to save it to your My Library Page.
- You can also add research guides the same way by either visiting the research guides page, by searching by title or description, or by filtering results by subject.
- If you want the resources you just saved to appear on the homepage after you login, then select the star icon.
- Scroll to the top of the page, and click on the OU Libraries logo to take you back to the homepage.
- You should see the resources you saved listed under the My Library section of OU Libraries homepage.
My Library Handout & Video
OU Libraries Tutorial Videos
Let's Talk About Sources Tutorial Video
Learn how to identify the right source to support your research in this tutorial video.
Smooth Operator Tutorial Video
Learn about advanced search techniques and how to optimize your search with Boolean operators.