SPSS and SAS
SPSS Statistics is a software package used for logical batched and non-batched statistical analysis.
Access to SPSS is available at all Price College of Business computer labs and at the Engineering computer. SPSS can only be downloaded to University owned computers and laptops.
Statistics included in the base software:
- Descriptive statistics: Cross tabulations, Frequencies, Descriptives, Explore, Descriptive Ratio Statistics
- Bivariate statistics: Means, t-test, ANOVA, Correlation (bivariate, partial, distances), Nonparametric tests, Bayesian
- Prediction for numerical outcomes: Linear regression
- Prediction for identifying groups: Factor analysis, cluster analysis (two-step, K-means, hierarchical), Discriminant
- Geo spatial analysis, simulation
- R extension(GUI)
SAS (previously "Statistical Analysis System” is a software suite developed by SAS Institute for advanced analytics, multivariate analyses, business intelligence, data management, and predictive analytics.
SAS is available to download on privately owned computers and laptops at the University IT store.
The SAS software suite has more than 200 components. Some of the SAS components include:
- Base SAS – Basic procedures and data management
- SAS/STAT – Statistical analysis
- SAS/GRAPH – Graphics and presentation
- SAS/OR – Operations research
- SAS/ETS – Econometrics and Time Series Analysis
- SAS/IML – Interactive matrix language
- SAS/AF – Applications facility
- SAS/QC – Quality control
- SAS/INSIGHT – Data mining
- SAS/PH – Clinical trial analysis
- Enterprise Miner – data mining
- Enterprise Guide - GUI based code editor & project manager
- SAS EBI - Suite of Business Intelligence Applications
- SAS Grid Manager - Manager of SAS grid computing environment