OU Law Library Resources
- Extended Westlaw AccessGraduates of the University of Oklahoma College of Law are provided 18 months of Westlaw access (60 hours/month) following graduation at no charge. The subscription is not limited to academic uses. It may be used in all types of practice and in all types of firms and organizations. (This service is available to current J.D. students of the College of Law upon graduation. It is not available retrospectively to past graduating classes.)
- Free Public/Alumni Access Westlaw and Lexis TerminalsAlumni are welcome to use our free Westlaw and Lexis workstations available in the Law Library. Users must come to the Law Library in Norman to use this service.
- OU Law Research GuidesThe Law Librarians at OU Law have prepared research guides on a wide variety of topics. You can access them at no charge via the Law Library's web site.
- OU Law Online Collections via Digital CommonsOn OU Law's Digital Commons site, you can access all three law journals (Oklahoma Law Review, American Indian Law Review, and ONE-J), faculty scholarship, and a variety of special collections, including a major database of Congressional Documents relating to Native Peoples in the U.S.
The OU Law Library provides free access to four law journals.
- Oklahoma Law Review (1981-present): https://digitalcommons.law.ou.edu/olr/
- American Indian Law Review (1973-present): https://digitalcommons.law.ou.edu/ailr/
- Oil & Gas, Natural Resources, and Energy Journal (2015-present): https://digitalcommons.law.ou.edu/onej/
- Oklahoma Journal of Law and Technology (2004-2015): https://digitalcommons.law.ou.edu/okjolt/
Free/Bar Resources for Legal Research
- Oklahoma State Court NetworkOklahoma has one of the premier state government web sites in the country. OSCN provides access to all primary law (cases, statutes, regulation) and court documents from the 77 district courts in Oklahoma and intermediate appellate courts.
- Oklahoma Bar JournalThe Oklahoma Bar Association provides free access to the Oklahoma Bar Journal (including past volumes beginning with volume 1).
- Unpublished Oklahoma Court OpinionsThis system includes all unpublished opinions of the Oklahoma appellate courts.