Citation Management Tools
- Zotero - free citation management tool. See this handout (PDF) and this research guide.
- ZoteroBib has a free citation generator; no account or software needed.
- The Chicago Manual of Style is the only style manual completely online. (Link to 16th edition. Link to 17th edition)
- The OU Writing Center has examples from various style guides.
- Williams College has an in-depth guide to APA style as does the Excelsior Online Writing Lab.
- There are print copies of many style guides in the Learning Lab for use while in Bizzell.
- The 2020, 7th edition of the APA's Publication Manual is on reserve at the circulation desk at call number BF 76.7 .P83 2020 TEXTBOOKS.
What is Lean Library?
A browser extension for access and assistance. You will spend less time figuring out if you have access to information and more time researching!
How Lean Library Works?
When you access an article on a journal’s website or through a Google Search, the Lean Library extension recognizes OU Libraries’ e-resources then provides you with a GET ACCESS button that will authenticate your OU credentials for full text access.
How to get Lean Library?
Open the download link and add the extension to your browser. Select University of Oklahoma from the dropdown menu and click on Save.
This handout repeats the information about what Lean Library is, how it works, and how to get it. You can use this handout to share about Lean Library with your friends and colleagues!
This video will help you add the Lean Library browser extension to Firefox.
Also See These Research Guides & Library Units
What is PowerNotes?
PowerNotes is a browser extension that allows you to annotate and highlight PDFs and webpages that are relevant to your research. With PowerNotes, you’ll be able to gather, organize, and keep track of your research all in one place!
How Does PowerNotes Work?
As you are researching online, when you have PowerNotes enabled, you are able to highlight pertinent quotes, save resources as links you can return to later, have a template outline to organize the data you are saving, as well as manage your progress as you do your research.
How to Add PowerNotes to Your Internet Browser?
The installation process is simple, go to PowerNotes.com and download the extension to your browser. You can also follow these instructions about creating an account.
Using PowerNotes with OU Libraries Resources HandoutThis handout goes over the steps of using the PowerNotes browser extension.
PowerNotes Information HandoutThis handout repeats the information about what PowerNotes is, how it works, and how to get it. You can use this handout to share about PowerNotes with your friends and colleagues!