Basic business research to help with most any research
It is the intent of this guide to provide general assistance for any business related research project. To start your project:
- Identify the purpose
- Identify the audience
- Identify the context
- Identify all of the facts and ideas
- Organize facts and ideas
- Identify the best medium for the message
Articles - scholarly, news, and trade
- ABI/Inform (ProQuest One Business)Comprehensive business and economics database with global coverage featuring thousands of full-text journals, working papers, trade publications, dissertations, videos, wire feeds, market research reports, and newspapers, including The Wall Street Journal and Financial Times. This collection is comprised of the following databases: ABI/INFORM Collection; Accounting, Tax & Banking Collection; Asian and European Business Collection; Business Market Research Collection; Entrepreneurship Database; J.P Morgan Research; and the Business Video Database.
- EconLitEconLit provides full text coverage of a wide range of economics-related literature – articles, as well as working papers covering both economic theory and application. This is a full text database.
Use this database for all economics-related research including economic growth, Social Security, capital markets in specific countries, welfare reform, labor economics, urban economics, and to investigate trends in financial planning, retirement, and pension programs.
- FactivaGlobal in scope, Factiva is a very powerful research tool providing information on companies, stock quotes, and business/financial news. It covers business/financial news from 118 countries and 22 languages. Sources include the news, business and trade publications, newswires, and transcripts. Search publications by title, industry, geographic location, type, and language. This is a full text database.
Use this database for business research, company research, stock information, and industry research.
Databases for further research
- Business Source EliteCoverage includes: marketing, management, MIS, POM, accounting, finance, and economics. Additional full text, non-journal content includes market research reports, industry reports, country reports, and company profiles. This a full text database.
Use this database for articles, company information, industry information and market information.
- IBIS WorldIBIS World provides access to industry reports for over 700 US industries. Data covered includes Industry Performance, Industry Outlook, Competitive Landscape, Operating Conditions, and Key Statistics.
Use this database whenever doing Industry research.
- MarketLineMarketLine is one of the most prolific publishers of business information today, profiling all major companies, industries,and geographies, globally. MarketLine has both SWOT analysis and five forces analysis.
Use this database for Industry research as well as basic company research.
- MergentMergent is a financial database providing data on company financial research for foreign and private companies. Data includes business description, history, property, subsidiaries, officers and directors, long-term debt, and capital stock. Financial history goes back 20 years.
Use this database for company research.
- Nexis UniFeatures 15,000+ news, business and legal sources, including U.S. Supreme Court decisions back to 1790.
Full text available .
Basics of college research
Related Research Guides
by Susan Hahn Last Updated May 19, 2023 434 views this year
by Susan Hahn Last Updated Apr 20, 2023 243 views this year
by Susan Hahn Last Updated Jan 12, 2023 627 views this year
by Susan Hahn Last Updated Apr 17, 2021 49 views this year
by Susan Hahn Last Updated Aug 13, 2021 9 views this year
by Susan Hahn Last Updated Apr 20, 2023 79 views this year
by Susan Hahn Last Updated Apr 20, 2023 52 views this year
Google for Business
by Susan Hahn Last Updated Jul 19, 2021 59 views this year
by Susan Hahn Last Updated Apr 5, 2023 565 views this year
by Susan Hahn Last Updated Apr 20, 2023 197 views this year
Plagiarism... and how to avoid it
by Susan Hahn Last Updated Jun 9, 2021 5441 views this year
SWOT - Five Forces - PEST(LE)
by Susan Hahn Last Updated Aug 25, 2021 345 views this year