For the OU Community (requires 4x4 login)
- Audio Drama: the L.A. Theatre Works CollectionOver 300 important dramatic works in streaming audio, featuring literature from the 19th through 21st centuries performed by leading actors.
- Black DramaProvides access to approximately 1310 plays by 210 playwrights, together with information on related productions, theaters, production companies, and more. It also includes selected playbills, production photographs and other ephemera related to the plays.
- Dance in VideoProvides access to streaming video of dance productions and documentaries by the most influential performers and companies of the 20th century. Selections cover ballet, tap, jazz, contemporary, experimental, and improvisational dance, as well as forerunners of the forms and the pioneers of modern concert dance.
- Kanopy Streaming VideoWatch feature and educational films online, on any device. International content, including the Criterion Collection. Effective October 1, 2018, Kanopy video access is mediated. This means that any video not licensed for use prior to that date will require the user to request access. Access is being enabled for class use with instructor approval.
- New World Cinema: Independent Features and ShortsStreaming full-length feature films from leading independent distributors and award-winning short films. Includes films from 1990 to the present.
- Opera in VideoProvides access to streaming videos of opera performances, captured on video through staged productions, interviews, and documentaries.
- Shakespeare in VideoFull productions of every Shakespeare play, originally aired on the BBC.
- Theatre in VideoContains more than 250 definitive performances of the world‘s leading plays, together with more than 100 film documentaries, online in streaming video
On the Open Web
- Alfred Junge Film CollectionA collection of drawings, photos, and stills of movie sets by set designer Alfred Junge (1886-1964).
- Fred Fehl Dance CollectionCandid photos from performances by the Martha Graham and Alvin Ailey dance companies.
- Historic Theater PostersSixty-one images of posters advertising 19th and early 20th century theatrical productions, from the collection of the State Historical Society of Wisconsin. The collection includes posters for everything from minstrel shows to Broadway premieres.
- In the Life newsmagazine archiveThe portal contains freely available streaming video of the LGBT newsmagazine “In the Life,” which ran from 1992-2012, as well as some contextual readings. This launch is phase one of the project, and includes 15 of the show’s 21 seasons. More complete video content will be available this coming Fall.
- Media History Digital LibraryContains digital scans of thousands of issues of trade, popular, and fan magazines about film, radio, and other media. Covers from 1904 to 1963 (years vary by publication).
- Norman O. Dawn CollectionDawn, an early special effects cinematographer, worked with many important film pioneers including Mack Sennett, Carl Laemmle, Irving Thalberg, and Erich von Stroheim. The collection includes a number of display cards he created to convince film executives to include his special effects.
- Performing Arts in America 1875-1923Presents a searchable database of 16,000 objects including newspaper clippings; keysheets; music sheet samples; photographs of theatre, dance, and popular performance; and publicity posters and lobby cards.
- Performing Arts Glass Plate Negatives95 photographic glass plate negatives ca. 1890-1920, the bulk of which show actors in costume, often on a stage set.
- Sounds: Theatre Archive Project, 1945-1968304 sound recordings of actors, stage designers, writers and critics, theatregoers, etc., talking about post-war British theatre.
- Understanding ShakespeareA beta project from JSTOR that links scholarly articles to all 38 canonical Shakespeare plays.