- EconLitEconLit provides full text coverage of a wide range of economics-related literature – articles, as well as working papers covering both economic theory and application. This is a full text database.
Use this database for all economics-related research including economic growth, Social Security, capital markets in specific countries, welfare reform, labor economics, urban economics, and to investigate trends in financial planning, retirement, and pension programs.
- Economist, Historical ArchiveEconomist, Historical Archive provides full text access to the deep back file of the Economist.
- International Country Risk GuideProduced monthly since 1980, ICRG has furnished an international clientele with ratings affecting political risk, economic risk and financial risk for its universe of 140 developed, emerging, and frontier markets. Forming the basis of an early warning system, over 30 metrics are used to assess these types of risk. The ICRG methodology is used consistently by researchers at the IMF, and has been acclaimed in such publications as Barron’s, The Economist, and The Wall Street Journal.
- National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER)Provides empirical economic research in four areas: developing new statistical measurements, estimating quantitative models of economic behavior, assessing the effects of public policies on the U.S. economy, and projecting the effects of alternative policy proposals. Access to some content except the technical working papers. Some full text available.
- PAIS InternationalIndex to public and social policy issues, foreign and domestic. Materials indexed include journal articles, government documents, books, pamphlets, yearbooks, and directories.
- Statistical InsightAccess statistics produced by the federal and state government, international intergovernmental organizations, professional and trade organizations, commercial publishers, independent research organizations, and universities. Includes the Congressional Information Service (CIS), the American Statistics Index (ASI), Statistical Reference Index (SRI), and Index to International Statistics (IIS).
Some full text available.
- Taxation and Economic ReformIncludes tax regulations, laws, and legislative histories dating back to the late 1700s. Full text available.
- UNIDO Industrial StatisticsThe UNIDO Industrial Statistics Database at the 4-digit level of ISIC (INDSTAT4) contains highly disaggregated data on the manufacturing sector for the period 1990 onwards. Comparability of data over time and across the countries has been the main priority of developing and updating this database. INDSTAT4 offers a unique possibility of in-depth analysis of the structural transformation of economies over time. The database contains seven principle indicators of industrial statistics. The data are arranged at the 3- and 4-digit level of the International Standard Industrial Classification of All Economic Activities (ISIC) Revision 3 and 4 pertaining to the manufacturing, which comprises more than 150 manufacturing sectors and sub-sectors.
- ABI/Inform (ProQuest One Business)Comprehensive business and economics database with global coverage featuring thousands of full-text journals, working papers, trade publications, dissertations, videos, wire feeds, market research reports, and newspapers, including The Wall Street Journal and Financial Times. This collection is comprised of the following databases: ABI/INFORM Collection; Accounting, Tax & Banking Collection; Asian and European Business Collection; Business Market Research Collection; Entrepreneurship Database; J.P Morgan Research; and the Business Video Database.
- BNA Labor and Employment Resource CenterBNA Labor and Employment Resource Center is a searchable database providing access to various types of legal information. Topics included: daily labor report, disabilities law, discrimination law, individual employment rights, labor arbitration & collective bargaining, labor relations, occupational safety, wages, hours, and leave, and the Americans with Disabilities Act manual.
Use this database for any labor or employment research.
- Business Source EliteCoverage includes: marketing, management, MIS, POM, accounting, finance, and economics. Additional full text, non-journal content includes market research reports, industry reports, country reports, and company profiles. This a full text database.
Use this database for articles, company information, industry information and market information.
- Columbia International Affairs Online (CIAO)Columbia International Affairs Online (CIAO) provides access to materials in international affairs, including working papers from university research institutes, occasional papers series from NGOs, foundation-funded research projects, proceedings from conferences, books, journals and policy briefs. Full text available.
- Current Index to StatisticsIndexes journals, books, and proceedings covering statistics and related fields.
- FactivaGlobal in scope, Factiva is a very powerful research tool providing information on companies, stock quotes, and business/financial news. It covers business/financial news from 118 countries and 22 languages. Sources include the news, business and trade publications, newswires, and transcripts. Search publications by title, industry, geographic location, type, and language. This is a full text database.
Use this database for business research, company research, stock information, and industry research.
- Financial TimesFinancial Times is the British equivalent of the Wall Street Journal. It accesses financial and economic news offering instant access to hundreds of thousands of articles and features from one of the world's leading sources of accurate and unbiased financial, economic, and political news.
- Google ScholarGoogle Scholar enables you to search specifically for scholarly literature, including peer-reviewed papers, theses, books, preprints, abstracts and technical reports from all broad areas of research. Use Google Scholar to find articles from a wide variety of academic publishers, professional societies, preprint repositories and universities, as well as scholarly articles available across the web.
- Historical Statistics of the United StatesTopics ranging from migration and health to crime and the Confederate States of America are each placed in historical context by a recognized expert in the field. Source for quantitative facts of American history. Downloadable and customizable to suit individual areas of interest.
- ICPSRProvides access to an archive of raw social science data for research and instruction. As a member of ICPSR, the OU community has unlimited access and downloads; sign up for an ICPSR login to access content. All questions about ICPSR should be directed to the campus Official Representative for ICPSR, Dr. Keith Gaddie, Department of Political Science. Electronic access to ICPSR is funded by the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Making of the Modern WorldThe Making of the Modern World: Goldsmiths'-Kress Library of Economic Literature provides full text images of economic and business literature published from 1450 through 1850. Includes material on commerce, finance, social conditions, politics, trade and transport.
- Papers FirstAccess conference papers from every published congress, symposium, conference, exposition, workshop and meeting received by The British Library Document Supply Centre.
- PsycINFOCovers psychology and related disciplines in the behavioral sciences. Materials indexed include journals, book chapters, books, and dissertations. Some full text available.
- World Bank DataThis database provides access to over 2,000 World Development Indicators (WDI) from the World Bank data sets covering over 200 countries.
- WRDSWRDS is a platform for financial, accounting, banking, economics, management, marketing, and public policy databases accessible through a single interface. A day guest pass available. Or can request a user name and pass word from WRDS.
Databases available - American Hospital Association, Audit Analytics, Bank Regulatory, Beta Suite by WRDS, Blockholders, BoardEX, CBOE Indexes, Compustat - IQ, Contributed Data, CRSP, DMEF Academic Data, Dow Jones, Efficient Frontier by WRDS, Farma French & Liquidity Factors, Federal Judicial Center, Financial Rations by WRDS, GovPX, IBES, IHS Global Insight, Institutional Shareholders Services, Intraday Indicators by WRDS, Linking Suite by WRDS, Mergent FISD, MSCI, Option Metrics, Option Suite by WRDS, OTC Markets, Penn World Tables, Peters &Taylor Total Q, PHLX, Preqin, Public Data, Research Quotient, SEC Order Executive, Thomson Reuters,TRACE, World Indices by WRDS, WRDS Bond Return, WRDS Factors, WRDS TR 13-F Stock Ownership
Guides of Interest
Business & Economics videos
by Susan Hahn Last Updated Jan 30, 2023 30 views this year
by Susan Hahn Last Updated May 19, 2023 436 views this year
Business Research - the basics
by Susan Hahn Last Updated Aug 13, 2021 163 views this year
by Susan Hahn Last Updated Jan 12, 2023 636 views this year
by Susan Hahn Last Updated Apr 20, 2023 197 views this year
Open Access, Business and Economic Data and Statistics Resources
by Susan Hahn Last Updated Jun 9, 2021 13 views this year
- APA BlogThe APA Style Blog is the official companion to the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, Sixth Edition. It's run by a group of experts who work with APA Style every day.
Economics Archive, Cornell University Library
- Economics arXivarXiv has added in Economics section to their archive.
arXiv is internationally acknowledged as a pioneering open access preprint repository. The Economics arXiv will start with a single subject area of Econometrics, but according to demand we expect to add more subject areas in the future, and the Econometrics subject can also be subdivided further. The reason to start with Econometrics is that a significant number of Econometricians already regularly submit their work to the statistics domain of the arXiv. We hope that creating an explicit Econometrics domain will result in a majority of Econometricians to submit their work to the arXiv, so that most of the new papers in the field are disseminated in that way. If that goal is achieved, then regularly checking the Econometrics arXiv will become an efficient and easy way to stay current on the Econometrics literature. We initially want to focus on methodological papers, in agreement with the following description:
• econ.EM (econometrics): Econometric Theory, Micro-Econometrics, Macro-Econometrics, Empirical Content of Economic Relations discovered via New Methods, Methodological Aspects of the Application of Statistical Inference to Economic Data
The arXiv allows to upload a new version of a paper anytime, while also maintaining all previous versions. This helps clarify academic priority of ideas, while at the same time always making the latest version of papers available.