The purpose of this guide is to help researchers at all levels conduct research on topics related to the Middle East and North Africa. Some of the content is only accessible to students, faculty, and staff at the University of Oklahoma.
Tile Panel, Syria (Damascus), late 16th century. Stonepaste, underglaze painted. From Shangri La collection, Doris Duke Foundation for Islamic Art. Database: ARTSTOR.
Citation Management Tools
- Zotero - free citation management tool. See this handout (PDF) and this research guide.
- ZoteroBib has a free citation generator; no account or software needed.
- APA Style - Williams College guide to APA
- APSA Style Manual (Political Science)
- Chicago Manual of Style (only manual completely online)
- MLA Handbook - Williams College guide to MLA
- The OU Writing Center has examples from various style guides.
- There are print copies of many style guides in the Learning Lab for use while in Bizzell, but the 2020 (7th edition) APA is on reserve at the circulation desk at call number BF 76.7 .P83 2020 TEXTBOOKS.
Film and Media Studies
by Liorah Golomb Last Updated Oct 20, 2023 1343 views this year
History: Primary Sources
by Laurie Scrivener Last Updated Nov 13, 2023 3164 views this year
History: Secondary Sources
by Laurie Scrivener Last Updated Nov 13, 2023 820 views this year
International and Area Studies
by Laurie Scrivener Last Updated Nov 13, 2023 2550 views this year
by Laurie Scrivener Last Updated Nov 13, 2023 4127 views this year
by Liorah Golomb Last Updated Oct 24, 2023 315 views this year
World Music Resources
by Matt Stock Last Updated Sep 8, 2023 284 views this year