Manuscripts from the OU Western History Collections
There are several ways to locate manuscript collections related to Oklahoma history:
- Finding aids for the manuscript collections are in an ArchivesSpace database. It is possible to search for specific collections, or to enter a keyword in the search box. To search:
- Enter keyword in the search box
- The list of results will include names of collections as well as subject terms;
- It will be most useful to limit the results by collection. Under "Additional Filters," select "Collection" under "Type."
- Click on a collection title to see the scope and inventory of the collection.
- Click on "Print" to generate an easily-readable PDF finding aid.
- Once you determine which collection materials you need, you will need to provide a collection name and box number.
- Search the Local Catalog.
- Enter the search term in the first box.
- Enter "Collection" in the second search box.
- Select "Archives" from the Material Type drop down menu
- Click the Search button.
- Under "Tweak my results" use the "Limit to" facet to choose "Physical copies available in the Library."
- To Narrow the results to Western History, scroll down to the "Collection" facet and choose "Western History Collections."
- Click on the title to view a summary of the collections' content.
- Most manuscript collections are described in the Guide to Manuscripts in the Western History Collections of the University of Oklahoma (PDF).
- Visit the Western History Collections (Monnet Hall room 300) and use printed guides.
When you find a collection that fits your topic visit the Western History Collections to see the documents.