Factiva - Article Search
Factiva offers a premier collection of the world’s top newspapers, trade and consumer publications providing access to more than 31,000 worldwide sources from 200 countries in 26 languages.
Factiva can be accessed a coupl of ways. Starting at libraries.ou.edu, login with your 4X4. After logging in:
1. Click on Databases and E-Reference located in the middle of the page under Quick links. On the next page click on the letter F - Factiva will be the second entry in the page.
2. After logging in to the Libraries webpage open a new box to http://guides.ou.edu/businessdatabases. Scroll down to Factiva
Once in Factiva, the default search form is for company research. To access article search: on the top tool bar roll over Search → roll over Search Builder and click.
Type in your search term(s) in the FREE TEXT SEARCH box. Remember to open the DATE range from “in the last 3 months” to a year or more using the down arrow.
Obama and economy Cummins and china environment and green fuels
Under the FREE TEXT SEARCH box are several different ways you can limit your search:
- SOURCE – you can limit your search to a region such as the U.S. or limit to an individual source, Wall Street Journal.
- SUBJECT – you can limit your search by subject based on the sections of a newspaper, financial news or economic news
- INDUSTRY – you can limit your search to an industry, Energy or Food/Beverage/Tobacco
- REGION – you can limit your search to just U.S. or Developing Economies or Europe
- LANGUAGE – English is the default, but you can change to French, Russian, Chinese….
The results page displays how many hits were found: total number, news pages, blogs, picture and multimedia. Results are sorted by most recent first. The left tool bar ranks the number of companies, executives and industries mentioned. The left tool bar also lists key words, regions, subjects, sources, and dates.
The main section of the page list results, most recent first – giving the headline and first sentence of the article.