- Conducting a review of the scholarly communication environment, identifying and summarizing the relevant literatures.
- Identifying actions and best practices from peer institutions that OU faculty members and graduate students can take—as authors, readers, reviewers, editors, society associates, and advisory board members—to have the most positive impact upon the creation of an open and sustainable system of scholarly communication.
- Considering and recommending how open access publication should be regarded in tenure, promotion, merit and post-tenure review for those who are dependent upon appropriate avenues of scholarly publication for professional advancement.
- Identifying relevant practices, initiatives, and/or policies that can most effectively contribute to increased awareness of scholarly communication issues on campus.
- Communicating these findings to University of Oklahoma faculty and graduate students along with recommendations for pursuing opportunities for future developments, while simultaneously incorporating mechanisms for effective feedback.
- A report addressing each item in the taskforce’s charge.
- A website that provides digital access to the report, relevant information, and taskforce findings applicable to University of Oklahoma faculty, postdocs, and graduate students.
- A communication plan to include (but not be limited to) stakeholder/community forums and presentations at existing departmental and college level meetings, providing for and recommending multiple mechanisms and opportunities for community feedback, with support from the University Libraries, the University Libraries Committee, Faculty Senate and Graduate Student Senate.