Zotero is a free bibliographic management tool that can help you organize, save, and format citations. It can also enter and format footnotes or endnotes within Word and some other word processing programs. See this guide for help with this powerful tool.
- OU LibrariesMain page of the OU Libraries, including how to contact us.
- Hours and LocationsLinks to hours and locations of OU libraries and special library departments and collections.
- Research GuidesFind specialized guides to help you conduct research for your classes.
- Interlibrary Loan/Sooner XPressInformation on how to borrow material from another library.
- Study RoomsReserve group study space in Bizzell.
Style and Citation Help
Your professors will tell you which style they prefer you to use when writing your papers. The publishers of the three major styles, below, do not offer complete guides on the web, but OU has purchased access to the Chicago Manual of Style. The best place to go for further help is the OU Writing Center.
The American Psychological Association (APA) Style Blog and the Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL) can help with APA Style, used chiefly by disciplines in the social sciences.
The Chicago Manual of Style has an online edition. (OU login required)
The MLA Style Center and the Purdue OWL supplement the 8th edition of the MLA Handbook.The MLA (Modern Language Association) style of formatting and citing is used primarily in language and literature departments.
There are print copies of the style guides behind the Information desk and on reserve for use while in Bizzell.
Downloading and Printing from EEBO
Downloading and printing from Early English Books Online is a multi-step process. See this guide for help.