Where are the plays in Bizzell?
It depends on the nationality and time period of the playwright, and then alphabetically. A few general areas:
Elizabethan/Jacobean such as Kyd, Jonson: PR26xx-
Restoration and 18th century British playwrights such as Dryden, Etheridge, Wycherley, Goldsmith, Sheridan: PR 3xxx
Post-war British playwrights such as Churchill, Hare, Kane, Pinter, Stoppard: PR60xx
Americans such as Kushner, Howe, Mamet, Shepard: PS35xx
17th century French and Spanish playwrights such as Moliere, Racine, Calderón: PQ18xx
20th century French playwrights such as Genet, Sartre: PQ26xx
Spanish Golden Age: PQ6xxx
Audition pieces/monologues: PN2080
There is also a collection of acting editions of one, two, and three act plays on the main floor of Bizzell, near the lounge area. These are available for checkout. This collection was a donation and consists of older plays; newer ones are in the regular stacks.
Finding Reviews and Announcements
To find reviews or announcements of performances, try:
- British PeriodicalsProvides access to a variety of periodicals from the late seventeenth century to the early twentieth. Full text available.
- Entertainment Industry Magazine Archive (1880-2000)Provides access to full runs of 26 major entertainment trade and consumer magazines, including Broadcasting, Billboard, Boxoffice, Melody Maker, The Stage and Variety.
- MasterFILE PremierIndexes and abstracts journals in reference, business, consumer health, general science, and multi-cultural. Some full text available.
- The New Yorker, 1925-presentLog on to the library's website before searching. You will have access to subscription-only articles.
- The New York Times, DigitalGo to https://login.ezproxy.lib.ou.edu/login?url=https://ezmyaccount.nytimes.com/grouppass/redir to set up your annual subscription.
- Nexis Uni (formerly Lexis Nexis)U.S. and world newspapers and magazines; dates vary: typically 1980s-present.
- Proquest CollectionPrimary and secondary resources on a variety of subjects.
- The Village Voice, 1997-presentPublisher's site.